Animal Care Technician - Future Opportunities
Cactus Family Farms (CFF) is not currently hiring a full-time Animal Care Technician - Herdsperson for our location in Metter, GA. However, if you are interested in building a career with an industry leader, apply today to learn about future opportunities and job openings.
About the company:
Cactus Family Farms encompasses the Pork Division of Cactus Feeders. Cactus Family Farms has hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion.
About the Position:
Cactus Family Farms is currently hiring a full time Animal Care Technician - Herdsperson for our location in Metter, GA!
The Animal Care Technician will be responsible for all aspects of production, animal care and general animal husbandry.
The Animal Care Technician is a full-time entry-level position focused on providing animal husbandry and general care at various stages of our Sow Farm operations.
- Feeding, watering and conditioning pigs
- Environmental control
- Vaccinating, treating, and processing pigs
- Handling, moving pigs, and sorting pigs
- Various tasks specific to the position (i.e. Breeding/Gestation, Farrowing, and Weaning)
- Cross trains in other areas as needed
- Assists in orientation and training of new staff members as requested
- Ensures all biosecurity protocols are met and maintained
- Other duties as assigned
- Swine experience at a minimum of 1 year is preferred, but not required.
- High School Degree or GED, preferred, but not required.
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 100% paid company retirement (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Education Assistance
Cactus Family Farms LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.