Load Crew - Bedford
About the Company:
Cactus Family Farms encompasses the Pork Division of Cactus Feeders.
Cactus Family Farms has hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion.
Bedford/Mount Ayr/Surrounding Areas of Iowa
Cactus Family Farms is currently seeking candidates for Full-Time Load Crew positions. The Load Crew positions are based out of the surrounding areas of Bedford, Mount Ayr, Creston, Corning, and Lenox, Iowa!
A load crew member is responsible for loading hogs while maintaining biosecurity, animal welfare, and proper animal handling procedures.
- Loaders will follow load schedules for the shipping and receiving of weaned pigs
- Utilizes safe animal handling practices for the loading and unloading of pigs
- Follows animal health protocols and administers vaccinations
- Accountable for the breakdown and setup of units
- Maintain equipment used
- Completing outside work and utility work as needed
- Driving a company vehicle to complete work-related tasks
- Swine experience at a minimum of one year is preferred but not required.
- Current driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records Report
- May include a Load Crew Lead opportunity with crew members reporting to the lead. Load crew members may not have to drive a company vehicle.
Pay and Benefits:
- Full-Time Position
- Competitive and Affordable Benefits Package - Health, Dental, Vision, and More
- 100% Paid Retirement through (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Cactus Family Farms LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.