Sow Farm Herdsperson - Osceola, IA
About the Company:
Cactus Family Farms encompasses the Pork Division of Cactus Feeders. Cactus Family Farms has hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion.
The Sow Farm Herdsperson is a full-time entry-level position focused on providing animal husbandry and general care at various stages of our Sow Farm operations.
- Feeding, watering and conditioning pigs
- Environmental control
- Vaccinating, treating, and processing pigs
- Handling, moving pigs, and sorting pigs
- Various tasks specific to the position (i.e. Breeding/Gestation, Farrowing, and Weaning)
- Cross trains in other areas as needed
- Assists in orientation and training of new staff members as requested
- Ensures all biosecurity protocols are met and maintained
- Other duties as assigned
- Swine experience at a minimum of 1 year is preferred, but not required.
- High School Degree or GED, preferred, but not required.
Pay and Benefits:
- CFF is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive benefits package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- Paid retirement (ESOP)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Short-term disability and life insurance
Cactus Family Farms LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.