Wean to Finish Herdsperson
About the Company:
Cactus Family Farms encompasses the Pork Division of Cactus Feeders. Cactus Family Farms has hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion.
About the Position:
Cactus Family Farms (CFF) is currently hiring Full-Time Wean to Finish Herdspeople for our Wean to Finish Farms in the South-Central Iowa area. We pay for swine experience, and we provide company vehicles with expenses paid!
South-Grow Wean to Finish positions are available in Bedford, Mount Ayr, Creston, Lenox, Corning, Clarinda, and surrounding areas. Apply on the company website for more information about location openings.
Include but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring proper animal care for our wean to finish sites
- Feeding, watering, and conditioning pigs
- Environmental control
- Vaccinating and treating pigs
- Handling, moving pigs, and sorting pigs
- Production data collection and other assigned paperwork
- Dead animal removal
- Cross trains in other areas as needed
- Power washes, sweep aisles, removes debris, and otherwise helps maintain facilities in clean, organized, functional condition
- Does laundry as assigned by manager or supervisor
- Closely follows CFF guidelines for safe use and storage of chemicals and medications
- Notifies area manager or supervisor and helps in the repair of malfunctioning equipment/facilities.
- Swine experience at a minimum of 1 year is (preferred but not required)
Must have a valid driver license; Motor Vehicle Record Report is (required)\
- CFF is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive benefits package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- Paid retirement (ESOP)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Short-term disability and life insurance
Cactus Family Farms LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.