Swine Manager- Farrowing Department Head
About the company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., headquartered in Amarillo, Texas is aproducer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally, founded as afamily company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is now 100% employee-owned. Our 800+employees produce a million head of fed cattle and 700,000 market hogsannually, with gross revenues of over $1 billion dollars. The company has cattle feedlots throughoutthe Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations located in Iowa,South Carolina, and Georgia.
About the Position:
Cactus Family Farms, a leader in the Swine Industry, is currently seeking candidates for our Metter, GA location! Cactus Family Farms is the Pork Division under Cactus Feeders, the largest privately help beef producer in the country!
We are seeking candidates for full time position as a Farrowing Manager in the desirable area of Metter, Georgia which is in close proximity to Savannah, GA, Hilton Head Beach and Charleston!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads team and monitors production and address/resolve problems in - production (farrowing), financial measurements, targets, and deviations, collection of accurate production data, interpretation and use of production data, pig health status/treatments and pig security systems, balancing needs and available resources.
- Works with their Farm Manager to standardize production routines to work safely, productively while reaching targets for breeding and weaned pigs
- Helps HR interview and select production staff as necessary
- Provides “big picture” perspective as it pertains to Reproduction
- Teaches, models, and reinforces company values, business guidelines and procedures, desired work behaviors, and job safety practices
- Monitors quality of facility management and grounds care
- Assists Farm Manager with vision setting, planning, managing decisions, and farm production issues
- Models, teaches, and reinforces proper pig production practices and general animal husbandry including: Basic farm duties – animal husbandry, farm security and health, nutritional requirements, pig flow, treating and vaccinating, record keeping, job safety, environmental and waste management issues
- May be required to perform other duties/responsibilities
- Demonstrates an attitude of service
- 3 years Farrowing Dept experience is A MUST!
- Works cooperatively for the good of the whole
- Is "customer focused” internally and externally
- Communicates directly, honestly, and respectfully in all interactions
- Exhibits sensitivity to community concerns as appropriate
- Takes initiative to make things happen appropriate to job duties
- Has dependable work habits and tends to detail
Cactus Family Farms is an EOE and offers a competitive salary along with benefits which include health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus program and 100% company paid retirement (ESOP)! CFF supports a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time