Wean Pig Driver
ALL INTERESTED DRIVERS PLEASE APPLY HERE:
About the company:
Cactus Family Farms encompasses the Pork Division of Cactus Operating, LLC. Cactus Family Farms has hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion.
About the position:
Cactus Family Farms, a leader in the Swine Industry, is currently seeking candidates for a local Wean Pig Driver based out of Osceola, Iowa. Drivers will be home every evening! The Wean Pig Driver will be responsible for loading wean-sized pigs for transportation from site to site.
- Responsible for promptly reviewing, and understanding, dispatch sheets
- Confirms animal arrival and dispatch times with CFF sow farms, contract nurseries, finishers, and packers
- Documents pig movements on dispatch sheets
- Oversees minor truck and equipment repairs and maintenance
- Always adheres to the Cactus Family Farms (CFF) biosecurity policies
- Drives safely and adheres to CFF's Vehicular Guidelines
- Always adhere to CFF animal wellbeing policies and successfully pass a Transport Quality Assurance course (TQA)
- Follows all safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Data integrity
- Delivery and unloading of pigs at designated plants
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the truck and working with our Truck Wash Crew to accordingly schedule trailer washes
- Demeanor should always be positive and professional
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as required for a smooth and efficient operation
- Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager
- Minimum of 23 years of age
- Must hold an active Class A CDL; Motor Vehicle Record Report Required
- Must pass DOT Physical/Drug Test
- Must pass Clearinghouse Drug/Alcohol Query Report
- Must be able to work with animals, when required: walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, climbing, using hands and tools to assist
- No LIVESTOCK experience? No Problem we will train!
- CFF is an Equal Opportunity Employee
- Weekly Minimum Guarantee
- Paid Time Off (Vacation)
- Paid Holiday
- Home DAILY
- Affordable Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Retirement ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) paid by Cactus Family Farms
Cactus Family Farms LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.